Wednesday 23 June 2010

FIRST MOSAICS

I have finally found my camera cord and thought I should upload a picture of my first mosaic attempts. This was taken on the last day of my introduction to mosaics course and I had literally just finished gluing the red one - hence it is not yet grouted. I also hadn't finished polishing the green one. In hindsight I should have used a darker grout for my first ever mosaic (the blue one) but overall I am quite happy with how these turned out. A lucky mistake is that by turning them, the patterns actually match so I am now thinking that to complete the 'rainbow series' I should make a yellow / orange version the same so that I can arrange them in a square. Hours of fun. I will try and find a decent photo of the three arranged differently so you can see how they fit together. My next project will be some drinks coasters and I am going to attempt to cut glass without sending myself to A&E... knowing how clumsy and accident-prone I am, it is bound to happen. Maybe I should find a designated driver?

1 comment:

CatR said...

These are lovely Alex! Glass cutting does sound quite hazardous, yet satisfying.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...