|Cute little ceramic brooch by LoveandLovelier|
|What about a wintery cushion to remind you it's warm indoors! By maximilia|
|Love this chunky scarf by KnitFrekkles|
- Icicles most often form on the south side of buildings
- The record for most snow angels at one time was made in Ontario, Canada in 2004. A number of schools joined forces and 15,861 were created.
- Wind chill is a measurement of heat loss on exposed skin
- The coldest temperature ever recorded was in Antarctica (no surprise then!) of -129 Fahrenheit (-89 Celsius)
- Snowflakes fall on average at 3.1 miles per hour
- The tallest snowman was given a name! He was called Angus and measured 122 feet (37 metres)
- Ten inches of snow melts down into 1 inch of water
- A single snow storm can drop more than 40 millios tonnes of snow, which has the energy equivalence of 120 atomic bombs.
- Apparently if squirrels start building their nests on the lower branches of trees it means we're going to have a really cold winter. The same goes if ants build higher than normal mounds or birds start migrating early.