Like all of the rest of the country, Etsy is a little jubilee mad at present. Interestingly a lot of the items there tagged 'Jubilee' or 'British' are actually made by people in the US. And lovely items they were too. However, I'm being patriotic this weekend so I'm afraid one of the criteria for making it into today's Etsy shout out post was that you had to be a British or Commonwealth seller. Here are today's picks:
|Some very cute British badges by KaelaMills|
|Jubilee bunting by whiteacacia - love the range of materials here|
|And I LOVE this VW campervan cushion with a Jubilee theme by TheSewingCroft|
What little snippets can I find for you today?
- Elizabeth was the elder daughter of King George VI and was born on April 21st 1926.
- She was 25 when she became Queen Elizabeth II in 1952
- When she was born, Elizabeth was third in line to the throne, although it was not expected that either she or her father would ever succeed to it.
- Elizabeth married Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten in November 1947 in Westminster Abbey. The UK was still recovering from the war so it was a fairly simple affair - and Princess Elizabeth had to collect clothing coupons for her dress as there was rationing for the royal family as well as the rest of the country.
- Elizabeth II is the 40th monarch since William the Conqueror and is Queen Victoria's great-great-granddaughter.
- The first regional tour that the Queen made was to Northern Ireland, after which she toured all of her Kingdom.
- Two videos this week... God Save the Queen is not the most exciting song ever so thought I'd add a party themed one too!!