|Keep your hair under control with this pretty hair comb by Damsontreepottery|
|Shalotte makes such lovely magical pieces and this necklace is no exception.|
|Love these buttons from ButterflySue|
|And you'll need a gorgeous shoulder bag for all your accessories. Why not this one by Saysie?|
How many random facts can one find about summer holidays? It was a bit of a hard one this week but here you go:
- The tradition of summer weddings was begun by the Romans who would choose Juno's month, June, for weddings as this would bring on her blessing.
- August is the busiest month for travel and tourism.
- The Dog Days of Summer refer to the period between July 3rd and August 11th when Canis Major's star Sirius was believed to be closest to the sun and was blamed by the Romans for the intense heat, droughts and sultry weather.
- The summer solstice in the UK is on June 20th. It was celebrated with dancing and bonfires and couples would jump through the flames. The tradition held that crops would grow as high as the couple could jump.
- What I call a holiday, Americans would call a vacation. In the US a holiday refers to time off due to a national celebrations whereas in the UK a holiday is just any time that you aren't necessarily at work.
- Today's youtube clip could only really be Summer Holiday. I prefer the Mike Redway version to Sir Cliff Richard's one.