|Cute polymer clay trifle earrings by GiraffesKiss|
|Love these party favours from KoalitaCraft|
|And it wouldn't be a birthday without some cake! Necklace by tyney123|
- The song 'Happy Birthday' was first written in 1893 It was copyrighted for the first time in 1935 and is the third most popular song in the English language. Apparently Auld Lang Syne and For He's A Jolly Good Fellow beat it in terms of revenue from copyrights!
- More people have birthdays in August, September or October than any other month. And apparently in the U.S. the LEAST likely date for your birthday to land on is May 22nd. I know someone who's birthday is May 22nd. But she's not from the U.S...
- If you are in a room with 22 other people, there is a 50% chance that someone shares the same birthday as you. And if you are in a room with 56 other people this chance goes up to 99%.
- I like the idea of un-birthdays... you can celebrate your un-birthday on any day of the year that isn't your birthday. I think I'm going to have 364 un-birthdays this year - today is my first!
- Each month has its own birthstone - September is Sapphire as I'm sure lots of you know. But did you know that there's a rhyme for the birthstones? It was first published in a pamphlet from Tiffany&co in the 1870s by an unknown author, and there is a copy here, thought I'd give you my verse:
A maiden born when autumn leaves
Are rustling in September's breeze,
A sapphire on her brow should bind
To bring her joy and peace of mind.