Thursday 24 February 2011

Thursday is Productive Day!

Hurray a productive day! I guess having had only about 4 hours sleep has thrown me into overdrive because I have done far more today than I have all week!
Maybe it is all down to the amazing Granola bars I made earlier... 


Camilla Saulsbury have some recipes online on how to make great uncooked granola. Apparently they are similar to Lara bars - but having never heard of Lara bars before yesterday that means nothing to me. These are the first granola bars I have ever made. To be honest, it's not just Lara bars I hadn't heard of - I only know what a granola bar is because my friend Shannon introduced me to them this weekend. Anyway, I adapted the recipe from Enlightened Cooking and used mixed berries with pistachio,almond + walnut  (mostly pistachio). They taste awesome! And now I am going to have to head straight back to Sainsburys to go and buy some more nuts and berries... thinking that almond and cranberry could be good. And should I try adding in a bit of chocolate too? Mmmmm....

Anyway, all that yummy granola has made me super energetic so today, whilst doing all the usual chores, I have also had time to buy some black paint and paint around the edges and backs of my mosaic drinks coasters. 



And I've also done some grouting. The round pendant has been waiting a LONG time to be grouted but I wanted to wait until I had a few more bits to do. These other pendants have all been made using some of the fabulous glass I bought on Tuesday. I actually made these on Tuesday too but couldn't grout them until today as I had to wait for the adhesive to dry and then last night I had friends over for dinner. 


So there you go, that's what I've been up to today. The pendants and coasters will all be listed in my Etsy store -Creating Trouble on Etsy so if you like them - please go over and take a proper look!

3 comments:

PoetessWug said...

You HAVE been busy...and on that little sleep too! Good for you...Be careful though. It's my experience that when you go for a while on a little bit of sleep, it's inevitable that a BIG nap is just gonna 'hit you'...just like that! *snapping my finger*...Be prepared!!...I'd carry a pillow...and wear a helmet if I were you! ^_^ {By the way, the little pendant with the little flowers is soooooo cute!!}

shan314 said...

Holy moly, you're a rock star! Sometimes I feel like I rarely get that much done in a WEEK... You will be my inspiration today, Al!

Concetta said...

Fantastic stuff - love it. Your jewelry is looking fab. I have been trying to buy pendant trays for mosaicing but stuck on a good supplier - where do you go?? And thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog - means a lot x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...