|How cute is this teapot ring? by LunarraStar|
|And some great vintage-style notecards by craftypagan|
- The original Alice in Wonderland cartoon was released in the UK on 26th July 1951. It was released 2 days later in the US.
- Lewis Carroll was actually Charles Ludwige Dodgson - he never publicly acknowledged it but did admit that he was Lewis Carroll to his pen friends.
- Apparently, after reading 'Alice in Wonderland', Queen Victoria wrote to Dodgson asking to read more of his work - and was surprised to receive his latest publication on Mathematics. Dodgson denied this as urban myth so it probably never happened- but is amusing anyway!
- Alice was based on Alice Liddell, whose family did own two cats, Dinah and Villikins.
- And the Dodo is allegedly a reference to Dodgson himself - he had a stammer and occasioanally said 'Do-do-dodgson'
- Dodgson was primarily a mathematician at Christ Church College, Oxford. He was also a logician, Anglican Deacon and photographer. Must have been a very busy man!!
Thought I'd leave you with some Alice scenes...
This is the original trailer for the 1951 cartoon:
And this is the more recent Tim Burton trailer. Interesting how film advertising has changed...