Tuesday 10 January 2012

The week so far...

Sometimes you have a fabulous few days. This week has mostly featured those so far...

First of all, the lovely Katie of Katiedidonline featured me as her 'Meet the Maker' Artist which I am thrilled to bits about. You can view her post here.

And at work things have definitely been quite good too - as many of you know I am a full-time teacher so all my crafts and projects are done after-hours. But there are definitely perks to my job - on Monday we got to go ice-skating... yes 60 total beginners aged 10 on slippery ice. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it (I always love ice-skating: it's one of my favourite sports!)

But it doesn't stop there... today we went on another trip. You may remember that, a few months back, one of the books I recommended was War Horse by Michael Morpurgo (you can see the post here). And that book has recently been made into a film... which doesn't open at cinemas across the UK until this Friday. But guess who got to take their class to Leicester Square this morning to have a viewing? Yup, we did. And even better - Michael Morpurgo himself was there to answer questions about the book and being a writer afterwards, as was Jeremy Irvine, the actor who plays Albert, one of the lead characters in the book. I can't say it was amazing - I'm not really into war films and there were definitely bits that I wasn't that keen on, but I did enjoy it, and more importantly the kids loved it. As one of them said afterwards 'That was bear cool Miss, that was, like, the sickest trip we've ever been on.' (Bear & Sick both mean awesome/cool/brilliant/great)

Anyway, obviously we were in a darkened room, I only had my phone camera, they were quite far away from us... but here are a few photos I managed to take.




 I hope the rest of the week goes as well as the first few days have!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...