Monday 6 February 2012

Crazy Blanket Progress

It's not all mosaics at Creating Trouble HQ at the moment; there is a totally different project on the go as well.

A few years ago I made my sister a 'Crazy Blankie' - it started off as a project that was going to hang on the wall but somehow grew into a full double-bed sized blanket. It's pretty impressive - basically it's a kind of patchwork but made out of yarn. Every square was different - made out of different yarns, different colours and different styles. Some was crocheted, some knitted. Some were plain, some were textured. Various types of wool got nicknames: there was a really fluffy green wool which became known as the monster feet wool.

I don't know why I don't seem to have any photos of the crazy blankie - my sister and her husband use it all the time usually, although as they presently live in the Cayman Islands I'm guessing it must be in storage somewhere awaiting their return.

A few months ago I started making some granny squares - I didn't really have a project in mind, I was just experimenting with crochet as I only really know some basic stitches really. But I remembered that I already had some smaller crochet squares left over from a blanket I made years ago. And I've got loads of scrap bits of wool left over from the original crazy blanket so... I've started making a new crazy blanket!

At present I think it lacks colour - I've just bought some brighter wools a few days ago in the hope of brightening it up a little so obviously it will change quite a lot over the next few months. I'm not expecting this to be finished soon - it took me the better part of a year last time I made one and I haven't had much time to spend on it recently. But anyway, what do you think of Crazy Blankie 2?

1 comment:

Steph said...

Wow - crazy! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...