Usually I have 2 or sometime 3 items in my Friday shout out... but I couldn't choose between these so this week it's a bonanza selection!
|Who can resist these finger puppets? Seriously cute by SooSun|
|Love the colours of this suncatcher - I bet it looks stunning against a window. By Venusartglass|
|I want one of these crochet needle rolls! So cute by Nicsknots|
|And I love this under the sea mobile too! ByHandmadebyKATuck|
What little snippets can I find for you this week?
- The oldest goldfish lived to be 43 years old.
- Fish are cannibals - they will eat their own kind on occasion. And pike actually stalk other fish when hunting for food. Yes, they hide under logs and in dark places to creep (swim) up on unsuspecting prey.
- Fish, like humans, can drown if they don't have enough oxygen. So for them, they drown when taken out of the water as opposed to when they are in it.
- Fish have been kept as pets for thousands of years, but they only became indoor pets in the 1850s when filter tanks and aerating water began to be understood.
- The smallest fish in the world is the Stout Infant which grows to the huge lengths of a quarter of an inch. In comparison the whale shark can grow to about 39 feet.
- There are about 27,000 different species of fish - they outnumber every other population of vertebrae.
- Dentists keep fish because watching the fish swimming apparently reduces anxiety in patients... I wonder if it reduces anxiety for the fish?
There could only be one YouTube clip for you this week. I toyed with Finding Nemo, but this song is a classic so I'm afraid it's The Little Mermaid for you!