Wednesday 22 June 2011

Artist's Feature: CinLynn Boutique

I'm really happy about featuring this month's artist. I've not met Cindy as she lives about a million miles away from me (over in Michigan) but she has been really supportive of my work over the past few months. She's been encouraging me when I've nearly thrown the towel in and I'm really happy to say thank you by giving her this month's feature. So thank you Cindy, and ...over to you! 





My name is Cindy and I make jewelry and as of late, tote bags too. 

What got you interested and what inspires you further?
I've always had an interest in art, but never really found my niche until one day when my daughter-in-law gave me the tools to start making jewelry.  It didn't take me long to realize that I found my new love or, I guess you could say, obsession.  I get my inspirations by looking at beading magazines, looking at other jewelry designs (I don't copy), and by paying attention to what other women are wearing.



Do you have a favourite item? Does it have a story behind it?                 
I would like to say I have a favorite item, but I don't!  You see, my true favorites have either sold or I've kept them.  But I love everything I make or I wouldn't list them in the first place.  I'd tear them apart and re-make until I do.  I have a lot of items in my expired listings on Etsy right now just waiting for their re-make!


How would you describe your style?
I think my style is best described as eclectic.  I do a little of everything.  I love the simple classic styles, the beachy styles, etc.




Lots of artsy-craftsy folk juggle many different things in order to have time to spend on their chosen paths - how do you manage?
As far as juggling my life, yes, it IS a juggle!  I'm in the full time ministry as one of Jehovah's Witnesses and so I'm gone everyday for a few hours.  Then with my family to care for,  my house to keep up with, babysitting my grandchildren every other Friday, I have to MAKE time to make jewelry.  But so many of my friends have been such a great encouragement (because they love my jewelry), I continue to fit it in and I love it!  There has also been a lot of encouragement from fellow etsians;  I appreciate that too!

Are there any artists or crafters whom you admire or who have helped you along the way?
I do want to send a shout out to Deb of the Wuglyees shop on Etsy.  She has been such an encouragement to me that I can't even put in words just how much I appreciate her!  She's like my cheering squad!  :)




Do you have an online shop / blog / twitter / facebook page etc where people can find you? If so, please let us know
You can find Cindy in LOTS of places... I hope I've managed to remember them all!
website: http://cinlynn.com
twitter: https://twitter.com/Beadlynn7 
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/cindy.newell1#!/CinLynnDesignandBoutique1
Etsy:  http://CinLynnBoutique.etsy.com  
Blog:  http://cinlynnboutique.blogspot.com
Zibbit: http://www.zibbet.com/CinLynnBoutique

Be sure to visit Cindy at one of her many sites and Cindy - a big thank you for allowing me to feature you! 

4 comments:

CinLynn Boutique said...

This is so awesome!! Thanks so much for featuring me and my shop and for all the nice things you've said about me too! *sniff*....just wiping that tear from my eye. You made my day!

PoetessWug said...

What a wonderful feature!! Cindy is such a good subject too because she can do it all! She does even more than she mentioned here too, like play piano and paint with a brush too! I'm in awe of her talent sometimes, and I love supporting her because I know what an important work she does offline as well...How very nice of you to show off her work. Anybody getting a piece of hers when see how much she loves what she does to...I have more than one piece of her jewelry. And I have my eye on one of her totes!! :-)

Valorie said...

Wonderful feature!!! Cindy deserves it! Hi Cindy! Hi Wugs!

xoxo,

Val~

OddSox aka Thesockgarden said...

That is one beautiful green jewel x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...