Monday 27 June 2011

Granny Mad!

While I would never attempt the 'granny-a-day' that many fellow bloggers have been doing (look at Craftyminx's blog for inspiration!) I thought that as I am now able to do some crafty things I would start making some granny squares in different designs. Not sure what they will end up being - or even if I will stick to similar colours but this week I have been using SmoothFox's Lemony Lime Citrus Square pattern - it's free if you click on the link. Here's what they look like:





So over a week I have managed to make three squares...fellow crocheters will be shocked at how slowly I work! In my defense I'm going to state that I rarely follow patterns and am finding it quite hard to do so - especially as you have to work out whether you are using British or American crochet terms - I went with assuming they were British and think I did it all correctly. I also had to unpick a few times when I made a mistake... the nice thing about crochet is that you CAN do that and not have issues, unlike knitting. And also I'm still having to rest a lot along the way when my shoulder aches... and generally life gets in the way doesn't it?  I'm going to try a new pattern this week - and probably some new colours too. As I said, I'm not sure quite what I'm making at present, but I'll keep you up-to-date with progress!!

4 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Good for you, sticking with it! :-)) I hope you show us when you're done!...And I TOTALLY agree about the crochet versus knitting thing.

Abbi said...

Woo hoo! You're a crochet gal now! They look pretty darn good to me, and nice choice of colours too.

Gina said...

Those are really pretty!

Creating Trouble said...

Thank you! I'm working on the next pattern now... although it's much harder so will take longer to show you some pics!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...