Wednesday 3 August 2011

How to...Make GIFT-TAGS

This is a bit of a cheat How To... I was doing a bit of a sort out and came across a whole load of stickers I'd got from CraftCreations ages ago. It was a selection pack and to be honest I don't really like most of the stickers I'd got in the pack - they are a bit bright and gaudy for me as a rule. But then I got to thinking that actually I could use them on some quick gift tags. And having just come across some bits of card from years ago as well I thought I would combine them. So here is a very quick and easy (we're talking less than 5 mins) how to for you. 


Materials:
Coloured card
Ribbon
Peel-Off Stickers
Hole punch
Corner punch


1) Use a craft knife to cut your card into a size that works for you (I didn't measure mine - but using the squares on my craft board they're about 7 squares by 5)

 2) Hole punch in one corner of the card piece. (Looking very easy so far, right?)
 3) I've got an embossing corner punch (that I NEVER use!) and used it to punch in each of the corners of my gift-tag making a softer, fancier edge.

4) Place the hole-punched corner into the top left and then put some stickers around the bottom and right-hand edge. The great thing about these stickers is that you can take them off without leaving marks so if you make a mistake or don't like it, you can re-do them!






 5) Thread some ribbon through the hold in the corner making sure you have enough to make a bow and have threads left over. Tie as if you are doing your shoelaces up.










6) Hold the bow together and pull the ends down so that you make a tight bow that has long ends. And voila! Your gift tags are done!






Obviously I didn't stop at one - as these take so little time, I made a few... Sorry the photos are a bit blurry - the light had gone by the time I got round to taking photos of them!



2 comments:

Debbie said...

Fabby! I love making gift tags! That's a good way of using stickers :)

marci said...

These turned out very cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...