|sequinned wedding ornaments by AndiaCreations - cute.|
|Everyone loves cake - shout it out with a necklace from UrbanCookie|
|Love this patchwork cushion from TheCandyTree|
Did you know...
- Women's hearts beat faster than mens - but are significantly smaller.
- Your heart beats about 70 times a minute, 100,000 times a day and on average 2.5 billion times in a lifetime.
- The reason we associate hearts with love and emotion is because the Ancient Egyptians believed that intelligence and emotion stemmed from the heart. The Chinese also believed that the heart was the source of happiness.
- Another interesting Ancient Egyptian belief: when a person died their heart would be weighed on a balance with the feather of truth of the goddess Ma'at: if it was successful, then the person's soul would pass into the Underworld although rather oddly, no one ever said whether the heart had to be equally balanced, heavier or lighter than the feather...
- Where the symbol we commonly use for hearts comes from is quite open to discussion - one of the more interesting ones I came across was that it resembles the seed of the Silphium plant, which used to be used as a herbal contraceptive in medieval times.