|You have to love these little ellie brooches by CLScraftcreations. They are so adorable!|
|Elephant pouches by SugarCane. I like the blue one best...|
|Cute little magnet from Fabthomson|
|And a gorgeous elephant print by CarolineRoseArt.|
- Did you know that female elephants are pregnant for 2 YEARS - that's a very long time to be pregnant for...!
- Once a baby elephant has been born, all the female elephants in the herd help to raise the baby - elephants are very community-spirited. If the offspring whimpers or is upset the other elephants will go over to caress and touch it. Isn't that such a lovely thing to know?
- Elephants can live to about 70 years old and reach maturity when they are about 14
- Trunks are not used for drinking with - water is sucked into them and then squirted into the elephant's mouth.
- Elephants are covered in stiff hairs - it was quite weird touching and washing elephants as I had always assumed they have smooth skin. They don't - it's really rough and the hairs are really tough and inflexible.
- Asian elephants are more closely related to the extinct mammoth than they are to African elephants.
- Because they are so large, adult African elephants have no predators other than man, elephant calves however can fall victim to lions and crocodiles.
- In many countries, elephants are viewed as a symbol of wisdom.