|Love the idea of lace candle cups from KoalitaCraft|
|These magnets by KitzieG would be cute favours, wouldn't they?|
|Cute personalised ceramic favours by TaitGallery|
|Love the idea of crochet flower garlands instead of bunting by Baban|
- The longest wedding train on a dress recorded was 515 feet and was made in Germany
- In 1992 in Seoul, 21,000 couples got married on the same day.
- In Hindu tradition it is considered lucky to rain on your wedding day... I'm going to remember that next time it rains at a wedding I'm at!
- Princess Mary, one of Henry VIII's daughters was presented with an engagement ring at the ripe old age of 2. Yes, 2.
- Valentine's Day and New Year's Day are the 2 busiest days for weddings in Las Vegas. And apparently approximately 7,000 weddings happen every day in the US...
- According to English folklore Saturday is the most unlucky day to get married - and yet it is the most popular. Weird.
- The custom of tiered cakes comes from a game where the bride and groom had to try to kiss over the top of ever taller cakes.